Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Part 2

The floors are done and we've painted.  I LOVE the floor!  The color is beautiful and they did a really nice job of putting the tile UNDER the door facings and not just putting grout around them.  There is one small place I'm not really happy with, but they couldn't do anything to fix it.  They tried three times to get a tile to go around this door facing and into the pantry, but it kept cracking.  So to install it, they had to cut it.  But they were very smart and placed the cut under the line where the closed door sits, so you can't see the crack unless you open the pantry door.  Here's the finished floor!


We decided to paint the kitchen green because the backsplash tile we chose has some green glass accent tiles included.  We tried to find a green that didn't exactly match but brought out the color of the tiles.  I hope we don't regret the decision later.  Three of the four greens we tried reminded us of baby poop...not exactly the color you want to have in the kitchen.  Overall, the painting went pretty quickly because there were some wall spaces we didn't need to paint and some cutting in that we could skip because the cabinets were going there.  We wanted to get it done before the cabinets get here because I don't want to be responsible for cutting in around brand new cabinets.  I am somewhat of a paint Nazi, and I would be livid if Greg and I screwed that up.  It wouldn't be so bad if we were actually good at painting.  :)


Here were the four choices.  See what I mean about baby poop?

We're very happy with how everything's gone so far.  The cabinets have been delivered and should be installed on Tuesday.  For now, they provide stadium seating for Emmett in the den.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT COLOR!!!! And the tile is BEAUTIFUL!! :) I can't wait for part 3!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah is right! That color is beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished result and I EXPECT an AWESOME GOURMET MEAL to come of this kitchen :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I'm getting ready to post some new pictures of the cabinets partially in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, we can all go out to eat to celebrate the new kitchen! ;)

    ReplyDelete