Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Part 1

So we finally decided to remodel the kitchen.  YES!!!!!  I can't believe my husband finally agreed.  This is what our old outdated kitchen looked like before:

I know, it could be MUCH worse, but the laminate on the cabinets was peeling away and there was a lot of wasted space in here.
Example 1:
The floor was also white laminate.  Who puts a white floor in a kitchen anyway??  After a FABULOUS surprise birthday party last night, Greg and I had to demo the kitchen completely today.
Example 2:
 What better chore to do when you are hungover?  :)  With a little help and babysitting from my parents, this is what my kitchen currently looks like:
It's so ROOMY!!!!  I know it won't stay that way, but I could do cartwheels in it now.  Our kitchen really is big, but there's only 1 configuration that fits, as we have 7 doorways leading from this room (1 outside, 4 into other rooms, 2 closet doors).  The man at the cabinet store said we should just move.  NICE!

The floor starts getting installed tomorrow.  We are not doing that ourselves.  I am hoping they'll be done by Wednesday, but we'll see.  Here's what the tile looks like:

It's 18" x 18", and we're doing it on a diagonal.  My only worry through all of this is that it'll get done and I'll hate it or something will look terrible.  I am sure that won't happen, but as Greg likes to put it, I'm a woman so that means I'll change my mind as soon as it's done.  :)  Here's hoping they show up tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I think I am as excited as you are!! I am sure everything will look fabulous!

    It looks like someone wrote some nasty things on your floor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeeee! This is so exciting!!! :)
    I hope you had a FABULOUS party! I'm sorry I couldn't be there!!

    ReplyDelete