Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Part 4

The countertops were put in on Thursday.  WOO!!  They're beautiful!  The contractor came back Friday to put in the faucets, and of course one of them is broken.  But Greg is ON IT!  They're already sending us another one.  Here are the most recent pictures of the kitchen and the bathroom.




The only thing we have left to do is to put in the backsplash.  I went to a tile class yesterday where I was the only student.  Apparently other people have a life on a holiday weekend.  :)  So I got to do most of the tiling and grouting at the tile shop, and I think it helped me feel more confident about what we're doing.  Here's hoping it's not a complete fail!

3 comments:

  1. oooo! Those countertops are gorgeous! Are they granite? What kind?
    Good luck with the tiling!! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're granite. It's called Giallo Ornamental. I took your idea and got them to save us the cut-out because I wanted to do something creative with it. He laid it on the ground and it split in two. WHAT?!? It's GRANITE. It's supposed to be able to withstand a little stress. I am so mad I could spit!

    ReplyDelete