Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How does your garden grow?

I wanted to give an update on our veggies and the pergola pots.  The pots now look like this:
We're having to hold the vines up with clear zip ties.  Once they get completely established, I'll cut the zip ties off.  The vegetable garden is currently being eaten up by (I think) ants.  A lot of the leaves are gone, clearly munched away by something.  We have some spray, but our sprayer is broken AGAIN.  NOTE: Do not buy the sprayer from Big Lots.  We've had two, and they've both broken.


And I am IN LOVE with my hydrangea bush.  It's gotten huge, and the flowers at the bottom are a mix of pink and blue, where the rest of the bush has blue flowers.  Here's a picture of one of the flowers.

Now if these plants could only water themselves...

1 comment:

  1. I am in LOVE with your hydrangea bush, too. Or maybe it's just jealousy. It reminds me of my grandmother's hydrangea bush which is the SOLE reason for me loving them. It's so pretty!

    You have done a great job with your garden!

    ReplyDelete