Sunday, April 3, 2011

Overwhelmed (read: whining)

Every Sunday night I sit down to do my schoolwork that I've put off the entire weekend, and I get about two minutes into and want to cry.  I feel completely overwhelmed most Sunday nights with stuff I should have done, need to do, or realize will never get done.  I make lists during the week of all of my to-dos, and I check them off one by one.  Yet, here I sit at 12:10 Monday morning just finishing up something that I should have done earlier. I realize I can't do it all for work and home, and I don't expect myself to, but I'd settle for HALF.  I guess I have to let some things go, but then I feel like I'm not giving it my all.  And I don't like to do things half-@$$.  The next two days are going to be jam-packed, and I'll be lucky if I have time to go to the bathroom.  I THOROUGHLY enjoyed my weekend and needed the break away from the working world, but I always end up kicking myself on Sunday night.  How do I find the balance I'm looking for?  There are so many things I want to do with my family on the weekend and so many things I NEED to do for my job before Monday.  I am lucky that Greg helps out a lot with my school things when he can (cutting, checking homework, etc.).  Otherwise, I would never have a free moment.  I just struggle to find the right amount of WORK time, FAMILY time, HOME time, and ME time....

Okay, I think I am done whining now.  I am going to get one more thing done before hitting the hay...I think.  I need to check my list.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't know how teachers do it, but you are amazing for tackling that workload. Thank you thank you thank you! :) Feel free to vent any time. I'm happy to read!

    Can I just say... YAY YOU HAVE A BLOG!!! And I totally love the title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am honored that you actually read it. :) You were totally my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete