Monday, April 4, 2011

Jon Scieszka rocks my world!

I had a great time tonight seeing Jon Scieszka (children's book author) at St. Christopher's School!  He is such an inspiration on how to reach out to boys and how to get them excited to read!  He gave me a lot of things to think about with my own students and how I can motivate those little friends who aren't always the most willing to pick up a book.  I wish my students had a chance to hear him!  I appreciated his witty stories, the insight he had into the minds of boys, and for the good conversation on the way home.  Thanks for going with me, Jessica! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I went! I told Mark he should have gone since he would have enjoyed it too. It got me all fired up! What a great ending to a otherwise horrible day! Thanks for inviting me!!

    ReplyDelete