Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ta-Da!!

I am finally doing it.  I'm jumping into the blog world!  I figured I'd give this a shot as a way to document what's going in our lives, as I am temporally-challenged according to Greg.  I can't remember what we did for our first anniversary or what I did last week, for that matter.  However, I CAN find my way out of a box unlike some people. ::cough cough, GREG, cough cough::

So my first trick...
I decided to clean out our attic.  I have gotten into a mood lately where I can't stand clutter.  Perhaps it's the baby toys all over the den ALL THE TIME or the continuous mess in my classroom that I didn't make.  I recently tackled the mess under the bathroom sinks which tends to be where we stick stuff if company is coming.  Ninety-five cent bins from Big Lots solved that problem easily enough.  Since the weather was beautiful yesterday, I figured what better day to stay inside a dark place and work.  It was actually perfect because a nice breeze was blowing through the attic and it wasn't too hot or too cold.  There really are only a few good days for working in a place with little ventilation.

I consolidated, I stacked, I used my two new Target shelves (a steal at $34.99 each), and I cleaned my little heart out.  We decided to sell the futon and a printer cart that were collecting dust up there, and if I'm lucky, that will pay for my new shelves.  Here's the before (notice the half-inch walk space):
 Once I get the futon out of the attic, I will post pictures of the after.  I am so happy with how it turned out.

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!!! Look at all the work you did!! It looks great! I am so glad you started a blog! I am glad you can follow a map. We have used your skills many times :) So uhh.....you wanna come organize my junk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bottom one isn't the after picture. :) That's the other side of the attic. Wait until the futon is gone and then you'll REALLY be impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Greg is letting you sell the futon!

    ReplyDelete