Saturday, March 26, 2011

Carytown Consignments

Warning: This post will only be interesting to me.  :)

Today Jessica and I headed to Carytown because I was on the HUNT for an Easter outfit for Emmett.  I had found one at Cracker Barrel of all places that would have worked, but I wasn't in love with it.   Here's the one I got from CB.

Cute, but not perfect.  I had settled on this one after I had looked at Gymboree, Old Navy, Macy's, Dillards, Sears, JCPenney, Crazy 8, Kids Grow, Goodwill, a small consignment shop called Giggle Me Green, and Buttons and Bows.  All of those places except Buttons and Bows have cute little sweater vests, but that's not what I wanted.  I wanted the super-cute-make-you-want-to-squeal reaction, and I just wasn't getting it.  Buttons and  Bows had some if I wanted to spend a car payment, but I couldn't justify that for an outfit that he'll have a blow-out in, if history repeats itself.  

So I headed to Clover, a consignment shop in Carytown that specializes in upscale children's clothes.  They had some really cute clothes, and I found one that I LOVE.  It may be a little big, but I think it'll work.  


I wanted smocking and bunnies, but I settled for super cute bunnies that make me squeal.  :)  I know, I know, it doesn't take much...All of that for an outfit he's going to wear ONCE.  Oh well, I had a great time today, got to spend time with some handsome young men and a super hot mama, got some DELICIOUS frozen yogurt, and found a really cute second outfit at the Goodwill on Cary.  

All in all, a successful shopping trip! 

3 comments:

  1. It really is unfair that there are SO MANY cute girls clothes and, as you have done, one has to look high and low to find a cute boy outfit. I really think you have a talent in finding the perfect cute boys clothes. You should totally do that for a living. Open a CUTE BOYS STORE. A one-stop shop for the cutest boys clothes. Like baby sailor outfits...etc.

    I had a GREAT time today and I really think you found the perfect boys outfit. You didn't show the bunny hat, though!!! That yogurt was AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually took a picture of that to post, and I forgot! I'll do that now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT sounds like a fun day! :)

    ReplyDelete