Friday, April 26, 2013

Tutu-riffic!

I can't believe that it's time for Annie's first birthday!  Where has the time GONE??  I'm planning a pink ladybug party for her, and I have a week to get it together.  :)

The first part of getting ready included making a tutu for her.  I have seen ones that I've loved on etsy, but I can't justify spending $40 for one.  I am normally craft-challenged, but I decided to make one myself for a fifth of the price.  After browsing multiple tutorials online, I sat down today to start.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I'm pretty happy with the result!  

Step 1: Cut pieces of tulle to length (15 inches for this one)

Step 2: Fold tulle in half.  Slip bended end through the hole in the crocheted headband.  Pull loose ends through the bended end (look for someone else's tutorial online).  :)


Step 3: Keep doing this for about 3 hours.  Literally.

Step 4: Put on head and pretend it's an amazing afro.  :)

Step 5: Take picture of hard work.


Now if she can only wear this heavy thing for a few hours...


3 comments:

  1. She might only be able to wear it for three hours but it will last a lifetime as a clown afro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is freaking amazing. I am very impressed with your craftiness. You MUST post pictures of that munchkin in this tu-tu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad it's now too big because the crocheted headband stretched. :( I'm going to find a way to make it fit, though!

    ReplyDelete