Monday, June 25, 2012

Craft Addict

Pinterest is the devil.  Seriously.  I love looking at it for all the cool ideas that other people come up with and then decide that I need to make some of these things myself.  But as I've said earlier, I am not crafty.  Not in the slightest.  I have started two projects and found 3 more that I've either bought materials for or want to do and haven't completed ANY of them.  See below:

1. Pallet bookshelves started June...of LAST year.

2. Annie's hooks

3. Hair bow board...good thing Annie doesn't have any hair yet.
4. Growth chart ruler (see Sarah's blog) :)
5. Crate (see hell, I mean Pinterest)
6. Butterfly wreath (see Pinterest again)

Greg won't let me buy anymore supplies until I'm done with the projects I have.  Smart man.  To my defense, I AM taking care of a newborn.  She sleeps a lot, but I still don't feel like I can go run power tools outside while she's sleeping inside.  I guess that's what monitors are for, though.  I also don't feel especially confident in what I'm doing, so that makes me procrastinate as well.

Okay, goal for the week: Finish the bookshelves, Annie's hooks, and stain the wood for the ruler.  That should be simple enough.  Yeah, right.  :)

2 comments:

  1. If you would just put down your bon bons and stop watching your stories maybe you could get some work done. Lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!!
    But dude, since Katherine's arrival I can't say I've tackled one single tiny crafty project. It's kind of killing me, actually. I did clean out my closet today to whittle it down to: things I can wear that won't make random strangers ask when my baby is due (haha). So that was refreshing! Maybe that sliver of productivity means I'm getting the hang of this parenting nonsense?
    Start with the ruler. The ruler is tackle-able with a newborn.

    ReplyDelete